Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Doin' Amazing!

Well, we have been playing only a couple of times with the help of our resident professional, Lea! Diesel and I go out to our outdoor arena and play "catch me" and "stick to me." He is so interested and really seems to like it. I wish there were more days in the month. Lea pitches in and plays with him when I am busy with "life" chores or at work. I wish I had more time!

I am feeling SO confident that we are truly finding Diesel's joy! That has been my heartfelt wish since the day we got him! (Which our one year anniversary is quickly approaching at the end of this month!)

Diesel has become such a wonderful part of our farm family! His confidence grows each day and he is starting to become more interesting in playing with us and much more willing. And on days that he is JUST NOT INTERESTED one little bit, he just makes us laugh and love him more!

The weather is quickly approaching temperatures when he can get a bath. And boy does he need it! I can't wait. The last bath he had was last spring/early summer when he first came here. And quite frankly, we were all pretty unsure how he would react! This year it will be so much easier and thorough! Since he was very afraid to have his "back half" even touched, much less bathed....well, you get the picture. He is a dirty little mini hinny! Soon!

Lea is keeping a keen eye on his feet and keeping them trimmed up nicely. Don't think Mike our trimmer will ever get close to him again. Being a 6 foot-something extrovert..well, that just doesn't mix well with Diesel's personality!
Nice Job Lea!

No comments:

Post a Comment