Monday, May 25, 2009

THANK YOU MIKE

I cannot say how thankful I am! You really helped me out with Diesel.

Little Diesel was watching this new guy with weary eyes. What do you want? He held out his hand and I sniffed it. Oop, no way! You smell like a predator! I turned around the other way and pulled. The girl I learned to trust, pulled me back. I guess that was the wrong answer. The guy tried to rub me, but I pulled back. No way! He took my line and continued to rub me. There was something interesting about this guy. He released when I stopped fussing and seemed to talk my language. I didn't like when he held my feet, but these two, the girl and this guy, had something about them. They were different then those people who tried to rope me.
They continued to pick up my feet, release when I stopped and rubbed me continuously. He picked up my back feet and after a while of pulling I gave in. These humans would have eaten me by now if they were predators. Maybe I can trust them
All four feet were picked up and rasped off.

I thought we wouldn't be able to do it, but the power of LOVE, LANGUAGE and LEADERSHIP really shone through to me. I continue to learn more every day about wild horses, extroverted horses, introverted horses. I never want to stop! Lord willing, I want to go all the way.
It's like I knew we need to plunge into the friendly game (see last post) but I never did. Diesel and Mike showed me just how important it is. Things we often take for granted, like rubbing the hind quarters, can mean so much to a little, wild pony.
I continued to do a session with him tonight and I was able to rub both his back legs without him caring. If you were watching Mike and I today, you would know that it was a BIG deal.
Pictures:
Being introduced the natural way.
We're getting there!
Now for the right front.
Taking a small break.
Back feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment